Sunday, December 9, 2007
Merry Christmas To Me
As the holiday season has arrived I have been very excited about the festivities and the invitaion I would have to enjoy the company of my family and friends. . . well I WAS excited anyway. I currently work for company A (I do not wish to expose the name in case of offending anyone) and was excited to receive an invitation via email inviting me to the "family Christmas party." Upon calling to RSVP I was rudely rejected by a superior informing me that "student" secretaries were not invited. I have since tried to rid my brain of the embarrassment and disappointment I felt during that conversation, but I have been reminded everyday for the past three weeks of the joyous celebration that I was not able to take a part. Daily I was commanded to cut wrapping paper, assemble ornaments, fluff mini trees, water centerpieces and count numbers attending. My holiday spirits were deflated in a hurry and Christmas didn't seem like it would be the jubilant celebration I had been counting on. Finally the Christmas party came and went and I felt better that I would no longer have to endure such hardships at my workplace. The day after the party however I was given the golden opportunity to clean the banquet room in which the party took place. I loaded 4 large vehicles with left over Christmas gifts (there had to have been at least 300) and then was able to carry them up three flights of stairs only to be sent home giftless. My only word for this. . . OUTRAGE!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You should just look at the gifts longingly, and sigh until they give you one- it works I promise. Or just say "I want one." and take it. Either way...
I just cried for you. I mean it. That is the saddest story I have heard. Talk about getting into the Christmas spirit. On a happier note, YOU WROTE ON YOUR BLOG!!!!! Yeah, for blogs. Yeah, for Jen writing.
Joooooseph! I fooound you! Hey-it's your old pal Erin, just located you through Emily's blog. Greatest picture of the two of you on the sidebar there.
I'm sad about the Christmas party for sure, but sadder about the fact that, hey, it's February, and...where are you?
-E-
Post a Comment