Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Dental Hygienist's Diet



I have a new diet for all of you out there looking to fit into your bathing suits, it's called the Dental Hygienist's Diet, guaranteed to help you drop the pounds you've been housing on your back, belly, or thighs. Let me share with your my inspiration for this new diet.

Over the past two weeks I've had to observe a dental hygienist for eight hours, in order to fulfill a requirement for my dental hygiene program. Now this is all fine and dandy, I don't mind spending my time in a dentist's office, actually I quite enjoy it. It has however, become my inspiration to avoid fast food like the plague.

Yesterday a woman in her 30's came in for her six month check up. Pretty simple. This woman had just come from work and "had not had time to eat." She carried in with her a bag of Wendy's. In fact this woman worked at Wendy's. As she sat in the waiting room, she scarfed down some of her fries and Mr. Pibb. When it was time for her to come back to get her teeth cleaned, she didn't brush the Wendy's off, she merely sat down in the chair, with a big nasty grin on her face.


just to give you a little taste

I was dry heaving in the chair next to her, the burger breath, combined with the chunks of fry in her teeth was almost more than I could bare. I vowed right then and there to never eat at Wendy's again. Not only were her teeth disgusting, but I was up close and personal with a food preparer (fly down, dirt under the nails, greasy hair, etc., etc.). So that's it for me. The more time I spend cleaning people's teeth, the skinnier I should get. So I beg of you, to help me avoid anorexia, please brush your teeth before visiting your dentist.

Ah, nice teeth




5 comments:

tiffanie said...

Oh gross! You are such a good person for not saying:

"Um, Excuse me, I am going to barf into your open mouth."

Ew bad visual.

e. said...

Gross. You've cured me. Next time you see me, I'll look like Allie McBeal. Oh wait, you'll see me tonight. Hum....

Rachel Ricchio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel Ricchio said...

oh my. sick. how's it going?! i come back the end of july and get back to provo a couple days before school starts. we are SO getting together cuz i want to hear all about how school is going!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I am a dental Hygienist and have been since 1994 and Believe me it is sooooo true!!!!! I second the PLEASE brush your teeth before coming to see us!!! I ALWAYS got the ol' " well, you are going to brush them anyway!!!!"

Good luck with school!!!!