Friday, January 15, 2010

WREB

What is WREB you ask. Well it's a "national dental and dental hygiene testing agency." They are in charge of the greater part of my board exams at the end of this semester. And the picture above? Those are the documents WREB sent me for one of my exams, for me to take special care of and produce in March on my exam date. Why are they torn in half you might ask. I'll tell you.

Yesterday I sat frustrated in clinic trying to scrap off a piece of the most tenacious calculus I've ever tried to conquer when I heard whispered in my ear, "your cute husband is here and he needs to show you something." My first thought. . . . WHY is Joseph here? What ever he has to show me cannot be good. I'm thinking: did he get into a wreck? Are his reffing pants melted? Did he cut off a limb? Did our house burn down? Reluctantly I excused myself from my patient and met Joseph out in the waiting room. He stood there timidly, his shoulders slumped holding the papers shown above. "What's that?" I asked. "I'm sorry," was his reply, "I didn't mean to!" As I got closer I realized what it was. . . . the confirmation papers for the exams that I just paid a couple of thousands of dollars for. Included were two papers to keep and produce on the date of my exam.

Upon further explanation Joseph had thought that the large manilla envelope addressed to ME with the return address of WREB in the upper left hand corner was actually a book that he ordered online. Instead of opening the envelope like a civilized person he tore the top third off including the precious papers located inside. Upon his discovery that he had torn my very important papers he drove directly to the school to show me. I must give him props because he had everyone in the clinic laughing that he would come in scared out of his mind to show me right away. He also chose wisely in displaying his offense in a public setting or he might not be walking today.

I've pieced the papers back together, but with a profession based on professionalism I cannot present taped papers at my board exam. So I'm off to the copy stores to find the perfect shades of pink and purple to make copies on.

Lessons to be learned from this: 1- Don't open mail that doesn't have your name on it. 2- Tearing envelopes down the middle will almost always tear the contents inside. 3 - If you ever ruin something that belongs to someone else, reveal the damage in a public setting so as to avoid being beaten.

3 comments:

Carly Sharp said...

I am still laughing hysterically at this story. I just can't believe he would tear it down the middle to open it! Good luck trying to copy the documents.

e. said...

Hilarious. I would have tried to hide it. Good thing he knows where his bread is buttered. Wait...that doesn't sound quite right, does it?

marlowe said...

Ha! I'm just glad to see after all these years he's learned how to admit a wrong. And he's smart enough to do it publicly!