Saturday, June 12, 2010

Good Advice

So I'm officially a dental hygienist. . . and I just love the things my patients tell me. For example, I was cleaning this man's teeth on Thursday who had just been in the week before to have one of his teeth put back in his mouth. You see it had gotten loose and he had wiggled it out. Now I'm sure you're thinking oh this little 5 year old missed his little baby tooth. Well this man was not 5 he was more like 55. And don't worry it was definitely one of his two front teeth. Perfect. Well the dentist fastened it securely back into place and he came in to get his teeth cleaned. As he's laying there at my disposal he begins to tell me that people are afraid of the dentist because they wait so long to get stuff taken care of that they have to have major work done. In his opinion if people would just come in every six months to get their teeth clean the dentist could find cavities when they are small and people's hatred for the dentist would decrease. Ok, thanks sir, I'll be sure to let my patients know about this wisdom you've imparted. . . what this coming from a man with half of his teeth having been pulled from rotting away and large cavities on almost every remaining tooth left in his mouth. Great advice.

One other funny note. I had another patient a young man about 22 come in and when he came back to have some fillings done told one of the assistants that "the girl who cleans teeth is pretty nice, but she was totally flirting with me and I know she's married. . . so that's a little weird." Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I never knew I was so flirtatious. Especially with boys my little brother's age.

1 comment:

Carly Sharp said...

You are pretty flirtatious Jen. Remember "taco bell?" And it sounds like that guy needs to take his own advice and come in every 3 months, but hey...I agree that his advice would decrease patient's hatred toward dentists.