Friday, August 27, 2010

True Generosity

Since Joseph won't share this story I will. . . As many of you know Joseph drives a scooter. It gets great gas mileage and only costs a few bucks to fill up. However Joseph tries to stretch the gas as far as it can go even when the gas light comes on. So as you might guess he ran out of gas last week. He sat on the side of the road with his cell phone out calling everyone and anyone he could think of to bring him a little bit of gas. He sat there for at least 10 minutes as car after car drove by without any regard to his situation. Finally a man stopped on his small motorcycle to see what Joseph was having trouble with. Joseph explained his situation and that he just needed a small amount of gas in order to get to the gas station a few miles away. "I live just down the street," the man said. "I'll be back with a gas can in a few minutes." Joseph waited patiently as still more and more cars drove on by without so much as asking if he needed help. The man returned shortly with no gas can. He got off his bike with some tubing in his hand and explained that he couldn't find his gas can so he'd siphoned gas out of his lawn mower into his bike and then proceeded to siphon gas from his bike into Joseph's scooter. I'm amazed at the trouble this man went through to get Joseph the little bit of gas he needed to get to the gas station.
On a totally different note. Daisy loves to have her teeth brush. As a hygienist I don't think I could have asked for a better dog!

1 comment:

marlowe said...

Jen I love that! It's really the extra mile.... and that the dog loves teeth brushing.