The other night we were awakened by the sound of a rock hitting our window. It was a sound that ripped us from a REM cycle and shook us to the marrow of our bones. We both laid in bed waiting. . . rap. . . again another rock. . . . rap . . . another. . . then another. . then another. We were both speechless for a while trying to figure out what was going on. I finally broke the silence encouraging Joseph to go look out the window to see what was going on and to scare away what ever pest was disturbing our sleep.
Joseph finally got up. . .the blinds were slightly open and he warned me to keep all lights off and to stay quiet. He snuck to the side of the window and peeked out a bit and then yelled, "WHO IS THAT." Where upon a man's voice answered "Oh sorry wrong window." We're not sure if that man was trying to get some gal to sneak out with him into the dark of the night or if it was some sort of prank, but upon further discussion Joseph informed me that you never want to turn your lights on so that the person outside can see your silhouette. What if it had been some gang member waiting to shoot whatever silhouette appeared at the window first. I guess that could have been since we supposedly had a swat team detonate a flash bomb in a condo down the street from us. We live in a pretty safe place, but I guess you never know.
For the next hour I laid awake in bed staring at our front door expecting someone to burst through it. I got up to check to make sure the door was locked and that Ruby was safe in her bed. When I finally got to sleep I had dreams of someone bursting through the front door and I couldn't get myself to wake up.
A lot of worry over something simple that was probably some guy trying to propose to his girlfriend. Hopefully it went well for him if that's what it was. I guess you never know the other side to your experiences.
1 comment:
WHOA. That's scary. I get easily freaked out at night too. Even if my cell phone rings. But how does Joseph know all that about gangs? Is he packin' in his spare time?
Post a Comment