Friday, October 2, 2009

"I don't want that spider in my house!"

I HATE spiders!!! I have often been quoted as saying, "I don't want THAT spider in my house." After which Joseph usually says, "what spider do you want in your house?" Today as I sat in my living room, happily working on my computer I glance over my shoulder out the window only to see this:

I immediately jumped up and ran to Joseph begging him to take care of the problem clinging to my window. He said he would take care of it in a while so I sat back down at my table and tried to work. Have you ever tried to work next to a black widow spider? Now granted the spider was on the outside of the window and I was on the inside, but "I don't want THAT spider in my house!" After about 30 seconds this wild beast's long black legs started to move and I began to pester Joseph again to take care of the problem. After about 10 minutes of me following him around the house ranting and raving that no work could be done until such problem was dead and shriveled upon it's ugly black and red self he took this:


outside to spray down our window wells until they were bug free. I pulled up the blinds and coached him on where to spray and how much to spray, while being protected behind the single pane of glass separating me from THAT spider. Once the spider was deceased I motioned through the window that Joseph could return inside.

Ahhhhhh, problem solved, work is now getting done. (Special sorry to Joseph for having to brave the wild beast alone. Next time I'll try to help you.)

3 comments:

e. said...

I'm totally not afraid of spiders. Must be a Watson thing. I so would have taken care of the problem for you, had a been there. And I would have done it right when you asked me. Because I rock.

By the way (or not so by the way, but whatever), have you had a chance to get more whitening kits?

Jen said...

Whitening kits. Man I totally forgot. Let me check on Monday and I'll let you know what flavors we have.

Carly Sharp said...

I also hate spiders. If I see one that is outside but in my stairwell, it is a matter of fact I am going to kill it. And I am especially careful to stomp on it and squish it until I know for a fact that it wont be moving around anymore. Good thing Joseph was there to be your hero!