Sunday, March 14, 2010

I Heart Cilantro


If someone were to ask me what my favorite herb is I would not hesitate to say Cilantro. It's beautiful, and so so tasty. It adds color and yummy goodness to any dish. Recently I decided to add it to twice baked potatoes and it was a dish to die for. Here is the recipe:
Bake 5 medium potatoes (word for the wise - poke with a fork and wrap in tin foil, do not stab with a knife or the peels won't work very well later)
Meanwhile Saute:
2 Tbsp butter
1 C sliced mushrooms
1/4 C diced red onions
3 cloves minced garlic
Cilantro to taste (I put in almost 1/4 of a bunch, but you can choose how much you want)
Once the potatoes are baked unwrap and discard the foil. Cut each potato in half length wise, scoop out the middle and place in a large bowl. Make sure you leave a thin layer of potato inside the peel so you don't break the peel into pieces. Place scraped potato skins in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Once all of the potatoes are scraped out, mix 1/2 cup sour cream and a dab (I used maybe 2 Tbsp) of milk (to your desired creaminess) to the potato middles and mash. Once mashed mix in the sauteed veggies and some cheddar cheese (I think I used about 1/2 C). You may also want to add a dash of salt and pepper at this point. Mix together well, then scoop mixture back into the potato shells. Place back in the oven uncovered for 15-20 min. or until the potatoes are warm all the way through. I broiled mine for the last few minutes to brown up the tops. Eat and Enjoy!!
These potatoes are so yummy that we've had them the past 2 Sundays. Love them, love how the Cilantro gives them a good kick. If you like this recipe you are sure to love the Cilantro Paprika steak we make. . .

No comments: