Thursday, June 2, 2011

Start of a New Chapter

Yesterday was officially my last day at work (well for now. . . maybe). I decided that I didn't really want to be driving a hour to get home to the hospital should the baby decide to come early. (No baby so far). I thought my last day would either be filled with overwhelming joy or tears of sadness. But I really felt nothing. . . just seemed like any ordinary work day and that I'll be going back on Monday. I don't think it will hit me for a while. Now the question is. . . what do I do with all of my free time until this baby comes?

4 comments:

e. said...

This post just gave me butterflies. Yes, I'm getting vicarious butterflies. I'm SO excited for you and can't wait until she gets here! Here's what you should do until the baby comes: eat Andes mints nonstop.

Erin said...

Just give it a minute...have a seat...take a deep breath...and your brain'll suddenly light up with a million projects you can't possibly get done before she comes. I know it doesn't seem rational that the very back inside corners of the kitchen cabinets need to be cleaned before you can bring a baby home, but that doesn't mean you won't feel driven to do it. Good luck! I'm so excited-ditto on the butterflies.

marlowe said...

Time to nest, girl! Have you planted everything...cleaned everything...organized everything...sewn everything....cooked and frozen everything ... I'm with Erin. You'll find aplenty to do. And now I have butterflies too!

Angelique said...

Sleep, sleep and sleep some more. :) Good luck!