Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hot Dates

I've gone on a few great dates in the last couple of weeks. Joseph and I have finally been able to road bike together, thanks to some great baby sitters that live in our house (Thanks downstairs Watsons). On our first ride (4 weeks after Ruby was born :) I'm so proud of myself), we rode down the bike path to Utah Lake. It was only about a 10 mile ride but a nice way to get started. I fell over once which is pretty good for my first time clipped in to my pedals. Our second ride we rode up the canyon on the bike path (round trip - a little over 23 miles). Not bad for a second ride. My legs were super tired afterward.

My other date was with my sister Whitney to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II. She had tickets for a premier showing the evening before and invited me to go. We had to ride to the theater in silence and sit through the previews in silence as Whitney finished reading the book. She had just finished the last page when the lights went dim. Good timing I would say. We thought the movie was kind of cheesy and when everyone cheered at the end we wanted to boo (just to be different). Good times.

On a totally different note. . . Ruby smiled this morning. Very cute. And oh I've discovered that I can ride in the car pool lane. Babies are so worth it!




1 comment:

Marci LeBaron Watson said...

Yay, she smiled! I love her hair in this one, it's awesome. :)