The 24th of July has come and gone this year, but this year has been unlike any other, and will definitely be one that will never be forgotten. From my previous post you know that Joseph underwent a tonsillectomy a little over a week ago. Some days have been good ones and some not so good in his recovery process, but he was feeling good enough to make the journey up to Bear Lake to spend our long weekend with the majority of his family. We drove up on Thursday evening and had a wonderful time that night. . . only to wake at 5:45 am the next morning to a very frightening situation. Blood was gushing from the back of Joseph's throat. Now I don't know much about tonsillectomies, but I do know that this is NOT normal. So after waking up everyone in the house and running to the car to rush over the mountain to Logan (a 45 min. drive), we safely made it to the ER. Of course it was like every ER visit I've ever known: by the time we got there the bleeding had stopped and the doctor said he was fine, but he recommended that we wait for an hour for the local ENT to come in for the day to take a look. Of course we followed this recommendation and wheeled Joseph through the maze of hallways over to his office where we filled out more paper work and waited a bit longer. By this time Joseph was in so much pain and was so hungry that he became angry. So the poor doctor tried his magic with an angry, hungry Joseph. A bit of topical numbing solution and an attempt to cauterize the bleeding spot and lots of gagging later, we got back in the car and drove the hour back to Bear Lake.
Now my point in telling this story is not to make you sad for Joseph or me, but to express my love for my wonderful Watson family. A big thanks to my father-in-law for driving us down to the hospital and being the calm one among our nervousness. Another BIG thank you to Will and Marlowe for being the crime scene clean up crew who wiped up the bathroom that people were saying looked like the "Chainsaw Massacre." A big thanks to my mother-in-law who quickly threw on her clothes to come with us only to see the tail lights down the street, and for being the wonderful caring woman that she is (it's always good to have a mom around, they always know what to do). And a big thank you to everyone else there who loves and supports (or so we think) us despite the fact that we made a big mess, ditched out on all of the fun activities, and then left the party early. Watsons you are the BEST and I couldn't have done any better.
1 comment:
I'm just glad Joseph is ok. And I hear from the peeps that you were the perfect wife. I'm a little jealous because after I fainted, I would have told Adam to just get up and clean it himself. Really, tell Joseph to be healed for me and I'm sorry that I missed seeing y'all. Hope everythings ok. Much love.
Post a Comment