So I have always loved yard work and gardening. In fact I worked for three summers in high school at our city's golf course planting all of the flowers and basically designing each flower bed. It was my favorite job ever! Since I've come to college I've missed being outside in the sun, digging holes and getting dirt under my nails. I've been waiting for a yard of my own to work in, but as a student there's no chance. Luckily our new apartment has a yard and a small plot for a vegetable garden. A few months ago I planted a few things: 3 tomato plants, 2 green pepper plants, 2 cucumber plants, red onions, and a watermelon. Soon after I planted my garden the cucumbers died. Sad days!! I soon realized that that certain part of the garden got absolutely no water from the sprinklers, and the soil, well I guess I should say sand, is not the best for a garden. Despite the road blocks the rest of my babies are doing wonderful (I diligently water once sometimes twice a day). Here is a sneak peak into the abundance that we will soon be enjoying on our salads.
Not the best view of the garden, but that's the watermelon and you can see a few tomato plants. Oh and I forgot to mention the grape vines that are taking EVERYTHING over!
Here is a close up of one of my green peppers. Yum!
And of course a few tomatoes, all of which will be ripe on the same day!
1 comment:
Fun Jen! Its your dream come true. That is so neat that you can keep plants alive. I had a potted flower on my porch and it waved bye bye long ago. I'm so proud of you for not allowing that to happen. Did you start from seeds?
Post a Comment